Serious Bus Accidents
Buses are a popular form of public transportation. Bus, rapid transit, and paratransit services are provided throughout the Omaha metro area. Children ride buses to school. Buses are hired to haul groups for school or work-related outings. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), which oversees buses, a bus is a vehicle that transports 9 or more people.
Bus Accident Attorney Nebraska
There are numerous buses on the roads throughout the area, but bus crashes are not common. If you have been in a serious bus accident in Nebraska, you have suffered damages and injuries. You need a bus accident attorney. Most bus accidents can be avoided and are the result of an individual’s negligence. While buses are safe vehicles, there are some contributing factors that make bus accidents more serious in nature.
- Buses are larger and heavier, so they require longer stopping and starting distances. This can increase the chances of an impact.
- Buses are more likely than smaller vehicles to rollover in a crash. When they roll over, the things in the bus will act like projectiles and can cause harm.
- Bus accidents are often much larger than a car crash because multiple people are affected at once when the bus crashes.
- The passengers on the bus are not the only people put at risk. Others on the roads, such as other drivers, bicyclists, and pedestrians can also be involved in a collision with a bus.
- Buses are much larger than a passenger vehicle, so if they hit a car, they are much more likely to cause serious damage.
10-year National Highway Traffic
Safety Administration (NHTSA) Study
People Killed from 1998-2008
Occupants of Other Vehicles
Between the Ages of 5 to 7
“We do not suffer by accident.”
Contact a Lawyer
Send us a brief message with safe contact information where we can reach you back at.
1400 Omaha Tower
2120 South 72nd Street
Omaha, NE 68124